Yes, this is a crafty site—I’m not always going to run my mouth. Today I’m sharing my latest obsession: Ambrosia Salad. In this case, it’s more like “salad”, but it’s still yummmmmmy.
- 2 cans drained pineapple chunks or tidbits(I usually do 1 can each)
- 2 cans drained sugar free mandarin oranges
- 2 jars drained maraschino cherries(you pick the jar size, I get the big ones)
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1/2c (4oz) sour cream, more if you want it a little more tart
- BIG size CoolWhip(16oz)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows(optional)
In a LARGE bowl, mix the CoolWhip and sour cream. Add in the coconut flakes first, then all the other fruit–much less messy when you do the coconut first. I often forget about the marshmallows, hence why they are optional. Chill it for about 2hrs before serving, altho to be honest I often just fix a bowl right after I make it!
This recipe makes A LOT, so I often halve it since I’m the only one in the house that likes it. You can also add extras like nuts or other fruit, but I like to keep it simple. If you want it to look like gramma’s then add some green food dye!